15/11/2012

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INVALUABLE SUPPORT


Folks, on reading this weeks Tameside Reporter, I was deeply touched by the amount of letters of support that are still pouring in calling for the return of my weekly column. It's been continuous for 3 weeks now and hopefully, with your continued support, the new owners may well relent; however, I won't hold my breath!
Normally, in polite circles, we learn to agree or disagree, and respect the others opinion even if we don't share it. In this case, it was easier to kick the soapbox out from under me!
Therefore, I would like to thank all those people who took the time to write ‘Letters to the Editor’ making their feelings known regarding their editorial decision to ‘drop’ my written column from the revived Tameside Reporter & Glossop Chronicle. Without your kindness, generosity and messages of encouragement, I would not now be the proud owner of ‘a blog’ from where I will continue the debate by commenting on local issues, pursue local transparency and democracy and ask on your behalf, those awkward questions that our bureaucrats hate to answer.
So, if, like me, you believe in the resourcefulness of intelligent debate, please feel free to comment.

This does not mean that I’ll respect any opinions I disagree with, but I promise you that I’ll look seriously for the virtue in many opposing options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and express your views, all opinions are welcome but we will not post comments that contain abusive language or are deemed to be offensive or inflammatory.